Northern Virginia to Maryland Movers
Moving from Northern Virginia to Maryland? HuberWilmot is your best choice for long-distance moving services you can trust. We offer the following services for your Northern Virginia to Maryland move:
- We’ll move you from a house, an apartment, or a commercial building
- Service options include Labor-Only and Full-Service
- Custom Packing and Unpacking
- Secure Warehouse Storage
Here’s why so many people trust HuberWilmot with their move:
- Certified ProMovers by the ATA: Moving & Storage Conference
- “A” Rating by the BBB
- Fully Licensed, USDOT 3444872
- Fully Insured, General Liability and Workman’s Comp
- Family owned and operated
- Professional movers who are background checked and professionally trained
HuberWilmot offers free, no obligation quotes. To request yours, fill out our Free Estimate Form or give us a call at (703) 488-7117.
Make your move from Northern Virginia to Maryland easy with HuberWilmot. Based in Chantilly, Virginia, we’re a full-service, family-owned moving company with a commitment to five-star service. We pair our stellar customer care with quality moving services to make your move the best possible experience.
Our Northern Virginia to Maryland Moving Services
Moving is quite the process. That’s why HuberWilmot offers a wide array of services that combine to make your move efficient and as stress-free as possible. We fully support you throughout your move:
- We’re the out-of-state moving experts, and can move houses and apartments, as well as commercial buildings including offices, retail buildings, and factories.
- Want full service? Or maybe you just need help loading a truck. Whatever you need, we have the expert help you need.
- Hate packing? Have something you just don’t know how to pack? Our expert crew can handle the packing and unpacking, whether you want us to pack everything or just that oddly-shaped family heirloom.
- Can’t move right away? We have secure, warehouse storage that is a great option for your moving storage needs.
We do everything we can to make your move easy. We’ll help you create a custom moving plan, provide a list of FAQs, moving checklists, and a “cannot transport” list. We also have a great photo gallery of moves so you can see how we’ve helped others just like you.
Every move is a custom project to us, and we’re flexible, so we can meet your specific needs. Add on services as you need them, remove others you don’t, and only pay for the services you use.
Comparing Virginia and Maryland
Parts of Maryland may only be a few minutes from Virginia, but they are very different states. Here are some things you might notice, other things that are good to know, and some fun facts:
- Size: Maryland is not the smallest state in the U.S., but it is 3.5 times smaller than Virginia.
- Population: While the size of Virginia and Maryland are quite different, their populations are not that far apart. That means people are more spread out in Virginia, with a population density of 213 people per square mile, and live closer together in Maryland with a population density of 618 people per square mile.
- Minimum wage: Maryland has a higher minimum wage of $11 per hour than Virginia, which is $7.25 per hour
- Cost of living: Overall, the cost of living is about 2% more in Maryland than Virginia. Housing is about 5.7% more in Maryland, but transportation, clothing, and entertainment are cheaper than in Virginia.
- Politics: Virginia is traditionally a “red” or conservative state, while Maryland is a “blue,” or liberal state.
- Taxes: Sales tax in Maryland is 6%, while in Virginia, it is 5%. State income taxes are the same in both states, ranging from 2% to 5.75%. Real estate taxes, of course, depend on where you live and the value of your home.
The capital of Maryland is Annapolis and the largest city is Baltimore, which is only a 30-minute drive to Washington D.C., one hour drive to Philadelphia, and a two-hour drive to New York City.
Now for some fun facts about Maryland, your new home:
- Maryland is the only state with a state crustacean: the crab
- The first successful passenger balloon flight in the U.S. happened in Baltimore on June 24, 1784.
- The Star Spangled Banner was written in Maryland
- Maryland has a designated state exercise: walking
- The first long-distance telegram ever was sent to Baltimore
- The first post office system in the US was inaugurated in 1774
Both Virginia and Maryland have much in common when it comes to important events in U.S. history. Once you get to Maryland, do some research on your own and check out local internet forums to get settled quickly.
Get Your Free Long-Distance Moving Quote
HuberWilmot Moving & Storage is your ideal moving partner. Superior service is what we provide every day: We have an “A” rating from the BBB and fantastic reviews on Home Advisor, Angi, and Google.
We are fully licensed (USDOT 3444872), fully insured (General Liability/Workers Comp), and ProMover Certified by the ATA: Moving & Storage Conference.
It’s easy to get a free quote. Fill out our simple online form.
Have questions? Want to learn more about how we can help you? Give us a call at (703) 488-7117 today to connect with a HuberWilmot representative.